Permit to Purchase or Transfer Firearms

Minnesota Statute 624.7131 restricts the purchase and transfer of firearms.  You may apply for a Permit to Purchase or Transfer a Firearm by completing the Minnesota Uniform Firearm Application (Permit to Purchase or Transfer) and returning it to the Kenyon Police Department, 719 Second Street, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm excluding holidays.

Applications may also be mailed to Kenyon Police Department (mailing address 709 Second Street) and do not have to be submitted in person. If mailing an application, it should be directed to the attention of Kenyon Police Chief.

There is no charge for this application process.

If you have a Permit to Carry MN Statute 624.7131 subd 9 constitutes a transferee permit:

Subd. 9. Permit to carry. A valid permit to carry issued pursuant to section 624.714 constitutes a transferee permit for the purposes of this section and section 624.7132.

Federal firearms statutes and rules can be found at